Small Acreage Land Management Software
GeoForst is designed to provide land owners with a tool for managing data associated with land management activities to support information-based decisions. It provides a method for tracking treatments, activities, and measurements of features that are important to land owners such as timber, soil, and wildlife habitat improvements.
Two versions are available, a "lite" version and a multi-user version:
Basic package for stand alone installs 361 KB zip filePackaged QGIS Map with Spatialite database. This solution can be run on any any platform and data will be stored locally.
- Data is stored on your personal computer
- No internet connection is needed once installed
- Tracks much of the same data as full version
- Tracks stand composition change over time
- Reporting interface available
- Web interface, no software installation needed
- Data is backed up daily
- Multiple users can work on the same project
*Last time updated 04-14-2016
- Linux, OSX, or Windows operating system
- QGIS Long Term Support (LTS) version